Saturday 11 April 2015

I thought I was having puppies.

I can tell you now we must have a very strong marriage the way I get away with murder!
I have just recieved an email from the " rehomers of St. Antonin"
A local vet has a 2 year old cocker spaniel which has just had puppies two days ago and needs rehoming.
The girls asked me if I would take it on!
I read with trepidation and looked over at Malc having an afternoon nap on the sofa. I cleared my throat and read him the post, suddenly taking in the news myself.

Pour la petite cocker bien sur on va tester mardi pour voir, j'espère que ca va être ok car la pauvre elle serait maigre, en plus elle a eu des petits y a 2 jours (ils sont au paradis des chiots), ses anciens maîtres ne s'en sont pas occupé!!!

The puppies all were dead or died at birth. The dog was going to be put to sleep by the owners till local vet called in the St. Antonin girls and they contacted me.
We ( included in the "we" is my darling forebearing  husband ) are going to foster the cocker until she is well and can find her a new home. ( as long as she is OK with cats)
Ruby unless a home is found will go at the end of next week  to another carer in another department,
still in foster care, but she wil still be available for rehoming.  Gosh! we will miss her, but one has to keep in mind the dogs best interest. That is what it is all about after all. You do your best for the dog on training and loving, whilst you can, preparing it for an even better long term home.
If the spaniel does not get on with cats we will need a catless foster family for her. Anyone wanting more information on this worthwhile pursuit of dog fostering please contact me.
Val  fostering at taglines82@gmail.com