Tuesday 21 April 2015

An exciting walk along the Aveyron

Still looking like " Moonface" from The Magic Faraway Tree,  after having a tooth pulled I opted to let Malc go to the judging at St. Antonin for "Les Livres d'artiste" Feeling anti social when not 100% I opted to walk the dogs along the Aveyron. We all got out of the car, me and two dogs and yes we all heard it, the distinct song of the Golden oriole, how absolutely wonderful it is to hear its arrival each spring. We continued along the path which borders the river when our heads all shot up as we heard a big splash. We turned a corner and saw a young deer who on hearing our approach had jumped into the river and was swimming across. The three of us stood watching and I saw the dogs nudging each other, go on, you go first, naw you first. In the end they decided they were not brave enough and decided to see who could bark the loudest. The deer stopped at the otherside, looked back at the dogs as if to say " knew you would not dare" and skipped off.
Lovely morning and the antibiotic is kicking in, reducing the swelling of my mush I think.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com