Friday 24 January 2014

A bit of research on donkeys and donkey prices

http://www.asineriedupaysdescollines.be/EN/Breeding-and-selling-of-donkeys/54/13

I thought it would be interesting to see how much donkeys were selling for and looked on the site Cheval1 but there are no donkeys for sale at the moment. So I googled " ane a vendre" and came up with the site above in Belguim who sell donkeys for 2,000 euros!
When we got my donkeys we paid 350 euros each for them, worth every penny. At the time we saw a donkey for sale trained for attelage, it was expensive but we went to look at him. Malc was talking with the owner whilst I was talking to the donkey. I thought this donkey is far too fat and has a wild look in his eye, so I quickly whispered to Malc I was not interested. Another lucky miss was with a donkey called Doucette,  which I saw at a donkey show at Montricoux. I was quite keen as Doucette looked so sweet, till the owner went to pat her and Doucette took a chunk out of his hand amidst a lot of cursing and merding.
Research is needed if you are going to take having a donkey seriously but if you have the fields and love animals I think Malc and I have proved it can be done.
A friend thought the donkeys were ruining our lives whilst we think they enhance them.
Finding 3 donkeys who are trained to go out with a carriage has got to be a find.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com