Saturday 29 March 2014

But the cuckoo comes first!

Yesterday on our morning walk with Malc and the dogs I said " we should be hearing the cuckoo soon" Each year we hear the cuckoo and exactly a week later the hoopoo / huppe fasciée arrives.
The phone went today and as I walked towards the phone docking station next to the window, there directly in front of me eating seeds under the sunflower holders,  it was, a hoopoo. The most beautiful, colourful crested bird with long beak. He stayed long enough for me to call Malc and then flew to the nearby tree.
He sat long enough in the tree to get a quick snap.

He will be back now again I am sure as after his journey he has discovered the sunflower seeds.( bio of course) Now we will wait for the cuckoo and listen to whoop, whoop, whoops, along with cuckoo, cuckoo.
It is just brilliant here with all the wild life.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com