Saturday 29 March 2014

TAG gets lots of post, with lots of ideas

Hi Val
I have been reading entries in the early mornings and you have such an informative site.  Congratulations! 
 Sue
Val says By 9am on average over 150 people have looked at TAG, puts the pressure on to write in the early mornings but then post comes in through the day.

We have also had ideas from readers to help integration but most of these want to be confidential. They have given me a few ideas though to work on  (Malc groans)
Hows this for an idea.
Someone suggested we invited all the Maires list for an apero with the English speaking community. I asked a few people and got a luke warm reception. The idea is good though and I thought it could be woven in to an event both Malc and I fancying doing.
Wednesday July 2nd 7pm we want a Midsummer Jazz evening and barbecue, a charity event of course( fun and charity, can't beat it ) but we will send invitations to the Mayor and everyone on his list and personally visit French people in Varen inviting them all. We will tell you more about it as we work out plans... but it will be a good evening. Jazz and sunset at Mas del Sol- brilliant.
Also I have received this letter from Martine Lewis at Puylaroque 
Friday evening, 28th march
Hi Val,
We now have a new maire for Puylaroque, Gilles Valette the baker, and the ceremony tonight was very interesting for me who had never been to one of these sessions.  I am sure he will be a decent maire for us all. As for me I am now looking at other projects and I am going back to what you were proposing Val, do you remember? You were talking about creating an English day of something or another and the only thing missing was the space and location . I said if we are not elected I will seriously think about doing it here at Balthazard. Could you tell me again about your idea? It sounded great at the time!
xxx Martine 
Val says Martine is a " doer" I will talk to her about arranging a Summer Fete or show. Strangely a friend has just given me a programme for "The Barham and district Show" so that will give us ideas. A lot happens behind the scenes here at TAG and not just escaping donkeys.