Tuesday 25 March 2014

Life goes on for Martine

Hi  Val and Malcolm,
How are you both?
Our team lost on Sunday and life continues with our team meeting for a drink sometimes this week 
It had been a great adventure for us all. Being involved and seeing how a small village like ours 
gets to be managed was most interesting. I am not sure about the integrity of the new team in 
terms of serving the village rather than serving  themselves but the dice have rolled and so it is.

 As for me, also this week, our donkeys will be the centre of attention as this highly recommended 
donkey trainer, is visiting us to start working with me on training them to carry light weights and do 
whatever we want them to do. I am very excited about that. The donkey cart had gone last week 
to have all the metal parts sand blasted and it’s coming home this afternoon, ready to be painted. 
I am so pleased our donks are going to learn something new. They are such a demand for it.
Apart from that I have enrolled in a water colour course on the 11th, 12th and 13th April, with 
Wen Ming Xin at the Caussade’s 4th International water colour salon. I am looking forward to this.
 From my work as a book restorer I had the opportunity of restoring water colour paintings 
from time to time and always thought I would love to do a course just for me….now is 
the time, lucky me!
I am off feeding the animals, chat soon
Martine
Val says   but you were in there trying Martine, well done for that, perhaps next time