Thursday 27 February 2014

Magazines allowed, if still relevant, published in the last year.

Hi Val
At the January book swap someone brought that month's edition of Which? magazine, which I took and returned to the February one.  It was again snapped up, I believe.  It's really very useful to catch up with stuff like that, once in a while. 

I see your comment today, and I realise this is an important principle, to avoid people bringing along heaps of ancient magazines - resulting in your having to dump them!  

But for the future sometime, I wondered if the book swap might welcome magazines less than 12 months old and in good condition.  Lots of holiday visitors leave them, and we quite enjoy a quick read ourselves as we relax after they've gone!  But then it seems a shame just to bin good magazines when they could maybe still have a use.  There are so many elderly folk hereabouts with time on their hands who maybe can't afford a magazine every month...
x Chris  

Val says  good point Chris and as Chris has now volunteered to take charge of old mags, saving me lugging them about, I am happy.