Tuesday 25 February 2014

Black Peck and Penny, and where are they playing?

Penny and Peck  are driving  me mad. I spend ages getting the manure pile heaped up tidly, go off for a cuppa and come back to find straw and manure scattered every where.They are not scratting in this photo and you can see by their shamed expressions that they have just had a good telling off and are trying to woo me round with their ''angelic faces''  In the meantime Twister the black labrador having just had his tea, comes for a quick manure snack, obviously dessert, whilst I am tidying the pile for the third time.. The donkeys are cavorting in the field and Rosie is back in season ... again, ''en chaleur'' is the French expression. The holiday makers are in for some explaining about sex education to their children. Donkeys mating makes quite an impression and saying they are just playing is not going to satisfy any but the smallest child. I wonder with all the leaflets on local beauty  spots if I should leave a helpful sex education book at the ready for embarrassed parents, for that  bedtime story with a difference!  We have 18 weeks booked this year in the gite and we go out of our way to encourage children. Not just a paradise for us, the children love it and we love having them.
I  do worry why Lucy, half sister of Rosie never comes in to season, but lets not go there.! Bonny is sleeping the sleep of the unrighteous after chasing rabbits this morning. The four cats are following me around, their bowls must be empty.. and now Malc wants a cuppa!.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com