Saturday 22 February 2014

I am a campaigning Women' s Institute women at heart.

I am not a lady of leisure or what is now called " a lady who lunches" I do not want to waste my time stacking up the calories and gossiping.  I want to make a difference in the world we live in, however small that difference may be.
  • I have been reading about the WI association in the UK to find out what their members do, and it is not just cake and jam making.
  • As soon as I read " focusing on the plight of the honey bee" I identified with the group.
  • A friend who has moved back to England thinks she is not a WI person when I encourage her to join, I think she is wrong. Go and see what they are offering Di and you can even show them how to bake a good cake!

  • The 80s saw the WI call for public facing information campaigns on HIV and AIDs.
  • More recently the WI has worked to raise awareness on the nature and extent of violence against women, tackled excess packaging and focussed on the plight of the honeybee.
  • - See more at: http://www.thewi.org.uk/campaigns/the-wi-history-of-campaigning#sthash.WaHqqtbt.dpuf
    Comments to taglines82@gmail.com