Monday 3 April 2017

Sending items back with Amazon

Hi Val
would you, or any readers of your blog, be able to advise me on the best way to return an item under guarantee (purchased from Amazon UK but sent to France) as from the return label they supplied it would appear I have to pay the postage , unlike when returning items in the UK.  Is the post office way expensive, or DHL and if latter where to find them?  It is a garden swing cover so pretty large and heavy.
With thanks and in hope.
Nicola Baxter
(NicolaABaxter@gmail.com)
Malc says: I recently returned a part to Germany by Fedex. The seller sent me a label and scheduled a pick-up by Fedex (or their sub-contractor).The problem was that they seemed originally to expect me to contact Fedex and it looked as if I had to pay. But a couple of emails resolved the situation and they contacted Fedex for a shipment on their account . The replacement part arrived a few days later.