Monday 24 November 2014

Jude, now Besse hits lucky

Dear Auntie Val,
I am writing to tell you that I have moved from my home with Jane and
Ron near Cordes in the south of France to a lovely house and garden
just an hour north of Limoges.  My new mummy and daddy tell me the
countryside is very much like Devon in England where they came from in
2002.
I have a new older sister called Sophie who is a bit  bossy, but I
suppose it's because she's old and a Scottish terrier.  I've a sneaky
feeling that she really wants to be my friend once the haughty bit
wears off, at least she's giving me lots of sniffs.  I follow her when
we go out into the garden which annoys her a bit, but I want to know
what she's getting up to and she does seem to tolerate my being her
shadow.
Mummy and daddy have changed my name from Jude to Besse.  The nice
lady at the vet's put the E on the end, which I think makes Bess look
much more important.
What do I do all day?  Well, when I wake up I go outside to sniff the
air, chase a few leaves and generally check that everything is OK.
Then I go inside and sort out all the cardboard boxes and bits of
newspaper on the floor.  Dad gives me breakfast and puts me outside
again.  It's all go!  Then I pop into my bed and have a snooze.  I
have an enclosure in the hall with two baskets to sleep in and a sort
of quilt thing on the floor, where I lie when I get too hot.  I sleep
downstairs now next to Sophie only she's outside my domain 'cos she
might sleep in one of my beds and growl at me.
Then the day carries on with lots of pouncing and biting things, mum's
trouser legs are a favourite,  and chasing plastic bottles.  I growl
at them, but they don't say anything.  Busy, busy, busy.  I'm glad
when the day is done and I can get some proper sleep again instead of
catnaps.  Why do they say catnaps when they know I'm going to be a big
dog?
Anyway, I am very happy here in my new home and am looking forward to
seeing the vet lady again on Thursday when I shall be EIGHT weeks old.
Time just flies when one is so busy.
Lots of love,
Besse (don't forget the E)
Val, Besse decided she wanted to write to you, so I corrected her
spelling and typed it out for you as the paw marks made it very
difficult to read.
Ray and Sue Davidson

Val says I am sure Malc , I and all our readers are delighted to see Besse settled in such a happy home. Such a rotten start in life but  rotten no more. Enjoy life Besse  with your big sister Sophie. x
Comments to taglines2@gmail.com