Friday 28 November 2014

Invisible thread, the title is a good start

 Hi Val
I have great respect for readers, I write literary fiction which shows respect for their intelligence and imagination. My books have been slow burners for many reasons not least because my publishers , one of the biggest international publishers  in the world, didn't know how to market them well in the UK. A lot of success is down to my input, building my own website, giving talks at literary festivals and schools and museums worldwide, teaching , social media, writing letters and emails, appearing on radio like BBC  radio four and many others, newspaper and magazine and online interviews. All my own work to set up except the radio interviews in UK and Australia. I even set up the literary festival appearances. Girl 43 is under contract with a film company . It is now a very important historical record based on true events that prompted two major government apologies in Parliament in Canberra . These were followed by a Royal Commission Inquiry earlier this year . The site and buildings where the institution in question is situated, west of Sydney, is being preserved for future generations as a Living Museum. There will be a Memorial Garden for children and families to enjoy and reflect on past brutalities. An exhibition and preserved rooms like the dormitories.So you see Girl 43, and it's first edition as Invisible Thread , is an important book . What has happened since it was first published is incredible for all those affected - the Apologies, the Inquiry and the enormous publicity and public interest. So when I offer it to book groups for discussion and also offer to come along and talk about it they are very eager. But some book group leaders don't understand the book's significance , mainly through lack of knowledge. So they make stupid comments, like. "It's not everyone's cup of tea."Anyway Val I have been up since six walking and doing chores. Time to look after my illness now and get a healthy breakfast!
Maree xx 
Val says I know Maree Giles quite well and  like her very much but do not know her writing. I feel guilty that I have not read one of her books but having asked which one I should buy to sample Maree has suggested Invisible thread as it is available from Amazon or Little, Brown Book Group
Heavens do not order from Amazon it was £50 for a paperback!
Searching Little, Brown Book Group you can buy it for 9.99 presumably pounds

Comments to taglines82@gmail.com