Friday 29 January 2016

Nous sommes le vendredi vingt neuf janvier

Malc is getting ready to go to Agen for Joyce's funeral. I am feeding the pets then walking the dogs before I go to the church in Varen where a group of villagers are meeting to remember Joyce.
I have a list of jobs to do relating to rehoming dogs, refugees and equipment.
Then as the work starts Monday on making the ensuite I need to start taking down curtains and moving small furniture before the larger items are moved.
The fog is dense and the donkeys are invisible although I can hear them shouting for me... is it me or the hay they want?
Last night after Malc had played bridge at the bar at Caylus he joined me up at Rehoboth for a small group meeting about the future of the young men.
There are now three groups in varying degrees of readiness for their acceptance of asylum. Within the next week or so we will hear if the first candidates have been accepted. They will then be able to live as any Frenchman, being able to work and live a normal life.
For the 7 Dubliners it has been confirmed that they will be treated as any other applicant overriding the Dublin convention. These will just be starting their asylum papers now so it may take some months for these as there is a backlog of work in Paris.
Lots of ideas last night for work positions including two offers for the boys working with mechanics, some working with gardeners,one offer of a stage with a local vet and I have lots of plans in my head for the young people formulating for their future.
The young people are progressing well with their French language courses and their initiation to French life.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com