Tuesday 14 April 2015

They speak French here in this country

How many of you read French or even see it, never mind speak it? Is my bit of struggled over translation of the Petit Prince the only French you see all day?
I think some of you readers ought to shape up a bit and start giving it  a try.
A joking conversation yesterday at the book swap went something like this
Cannot get my bloody Times today for some reason, so difficult to get the English newspapers on the right day here. Me being a trouble maker, said " why not do what I do, which is read the French paper"
" I might as well read the Afghanistan news for all it would mean to me" came back the reply.
Come on readers shape up!
For those like me who are trying with great difficulty-  well done
For you others, get your finger out and start trying. Enjoy the challenge, do not be beaten. When you have a success it is great, when you fail you try harder.
You can do it, you just need to change your mind set.
We live in France where they speak FRENCH and you do want to fit in, don't you?

Val says - just asked Malc if this was too controversial, Malc said with a smile before looking- if you think it is controversial then it is.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com