Tuesday 14 April 2015

Carry on ranting

Dear Val
The problem with reading an Afgan newspaper would be nothing to do with reading or speaking Afgani (?). The problem is understanding the geography and culture of the country and that can be explained in any tongue. For example we spent the weekend at Port Vendre and Puyvert and shortly will be visiting Oestraham and Caen. So who knows where all 4 places are and which one Charles Rennie Mackintosh lived in? 

If I want to read an English paper, I also want to read it when it is current but might suggest that it was downloaded as both an ecconomy and to ensure that it is current. My level of a French newpaper is the Depeche which I find both rural and insular and there are times when I want to understand world news from British perspective. So I would say carry on reading what one wants and rant when you cannot get it irrespective of the tongue it is in.
Ginny
Val says by the way Ginny speaks excellent French
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com