Tuesday 20 January 2015

Maurice has everything ready for us

Café et conversation in Varen is Thursday " Chez Maurice" at 10.30 am and tonight I just popped round to check that there was no problem and Maurice is ready to be invaded.
Maurice was busy cleaning the indoor barbecue cooking area in the pool room. To my mind it was already spotless but he is determined everything will be just so. He has decided to entertain us in the extremely large pool  area which has long table and chairs and extra little areas everywhere with tables and chairs. The room is warm and has a tropical look with the plants, the bar is stocked and even though I keep saying " we just want coffee" I will not be surprised if he insists the bar is thrown open. I have never seen anyone so excited, he has on the main table a big Dulux dog which he pressed its head and it started singing " Are you lonesome tonight!"
 I am going a bit earlier on Thursday ready to give him a hand.
I then went to see Nicol the wife of the adjutant Mayor who said her husband Michou had been to see everything was on course for Thursday. Maurice showed Michou the champagne in the fridge and Michou had to be quite firm that we were only going for coffee.
I hope we have a good showing as we are in for a real party. I seem to have had my French head on all day having had my French lesson early afternoon and I must be getting better as my head does not ache as much as normal !
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com