Thursday 22 January 2015

Chez Maurice for Café et conversation

Fourteen of us this morning many of us wanting to practise our French in a friendly atmosphere and we did. Four of the French ladies who would have liked to be there were down with sickness bugs and in the more elderly these take time to clear. Maurice as expected had gone to a lot of trouble and the last to leave came home laden with packets of biscuits. It is such a lovely way to learn the language and also to make friends. As we all left Maurice said " now you know where I live I expect you to pop in from time to time for a coffee," I know Malc and I will certainly do that as I hope will others.
I have arranged a showing at Mas del Sol of "La Gloire de Mon Père" a Marcel Pagnol film. It is in  French with English subtitles and will be on Friday 6th of Feb.at 6.30pm. No charge just a friendly evening. The English laughed at the " no charge" being so used to us taking money for our charity Via Sahel enfants d' Afrique. The French did not really understand and looked horrified that I would even have considered a charge!
I got Malc to take a picture of the movers and shakers of café et conversation in the village, Marcia/ Dutch, Nicole/ French and me English.
I still consider the best people for making huge steps in integration in Varen  are Marcia, Jill and Kath who every week work in the library. Well done to these three.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com
Maurice, me and the talking stag above our heads.The singing dog on the counter

Marcia, Nicole and me, the movers and shakers in Café et conversation.