Saturday 31 January 2015

Doreen Porter gives her ten random facts

Hi Val

They are very odd, but it was fun remembering! Doreen

1.     I once played a version of The Weakest Link at 10 Downing Street
2.     I passed O level Russian
3.      I’ve been ‘on patrol’ with the police in Miami, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Berlin and The Cayman Islands
4.     I was at Pegasus Bridge on the exact 50th anniversary of D-Day
5.      Max Bygraves made me a cup of tea and played a Singalongamax CD to me while I drank it!
6.      I landed on a warship in the North Sea by helicopter
7.      As a child I lived next door to a chap called Laurie London who had a no 1 hit with ‘I’ve got the whole world in his hands’
8.   I’ve published a book, ‘An A to Z of life in France’
9.      I had lunch with Joan Collins at the top of the Post Office Tower in London (shows how long ago that was!)
10. I helped bathe an elephant in Sri Lanka

Val says - can anyone beat that!