Saturday 3 January 2015

Mad dogs and Englishmen versus Southern Softies!

Bonjour Val,
Just read about the boulists and thought I'd let you you know what a lot of softies they are.

I recently saw a set of nice shiny boules in a charity shop and thought that after several years of being on France from time to time and never having played boules that I should have a go this year. But first, I thought I ought to find out how to play, so contacted the Coventry Boules Club to see if I could learn some rudiments of the game.
Last night (yes they play at night, every friday) I went along thinking "this is going to be a hard night" as the temperature at 7o/c was 4 degrees. We played for 3 hours and I had great fun with a very welcoming bunch. I asked whether they play in the rain to which the reply was "Oh yes and snow". See what I mean about you Southern softies. Personally I'm not sure I'm hardy enough for 3 hours of rain, but maybe one gets hardened (or succumbs to pneumonia).
Anyway, Happy New Year to you and the subbie.
Alan
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com