Monday 20 April 2015

Sometimes it all slips in to place.

My first donkey contact in France was a lady called Jo, very knowledgeable. When I met her years ago she had a number of donkeys or horses and at least two of them she had gelded.
Jo who I have not seen for some time has just moved in to a house at Cambou, directly opposite the field of Coco the donkey. Malc and I went up today to brush the boy and give him a bit of attention to his rear parts, or actually where his rear parts used to be. I know Jo has been going to give him company so went to thank her. She told me she goes over about 5 times a day and last night took him for a walk around the block. Another neighbour was with her and he says he goes and gives a bit of bread and has a chat every morning. Along with Mimi and Kevin the foster parents what a party the boy is having. No sign of any aggression from him, no kicking no biting, just a placid boy. I thought he did not look as unkempt as usual and Jo told me she had also given him a good brushing which donkeys love.
I feel like singing I am so happy when I see him, but that would do no one any good!
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com