Monday 19 January 2015

Our own guitar maker at Parisot

Val says I noticed in the Depeche a guitar maker setting up in Toulouse and wanting crowd funding. It made me remember the excellent guitar maker at Parisot. If you want a guitar or repair or advice this man is a trained craftsman.In one of her Face to  face interviews Doreen talks to him

Doreen Porter talks to Godefroy  Maruejouls, guitar maker


1 How did you start your career ?/Where did you learn you trade ?
I started my career as a professional guitar maker in 2001 when I started working for Dave King making acoustic guitars, after doing a four-year course in guitar making at London Guildhall University. Whilst I was studying I also worked part time at Hanks Guitar Shop in London’s well-known Denmark Street. Later I worked for Bernie Gooodfellow in Brighton making electric basses before setting up my own workshop in Limehouse, East London in 2005.

What do you enjoy the most?
I generally really enjoy all parts of my job but if I were to think of an aspect of it that makes me feel really happy about what I do, I’d say it’s when I spray the first coat of lacquer on a guitar. That’s when the beauty of the wood really comes out and the splendour of the guitar is revealed. The spraying of that first coat that gives the ‘wet look’ to the wood is to me nearly magical.

 Tel. 06 52 46 92 90
Email: contact@mjsguitars.net
www.mjsguitars.net

Val says  Thanks  to Doreen for this insight into Godefroy and his guitars, we have many talented people in our area. To read more look in the label " Face to face"
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com