Monday 12 January 2015

My French lesson was going well till...

I had already had a period of bleakness doing my French homework yesterday, not remembering words I was suppose to learn. This morning my French lesson was swinging along when Julia said a good word of the moment is "amalgame" I said yes I like that I will use it as one of my daily words. I then had to explain to my Prof. Julia how each day, TAG gives the date and a new French word. Mightily impressed was she until I showed her a few days on TAG... there glaring out was Saturdays word, yes "amalgame"  one could just die of embarrassement!!
I have decided to make a weekly list and then make sure I learn them. Who knows who will be catching me out at dinner parties.
I never say it is easy learning French but I will keep on trying

Saturdays word
In his speech to the people yesterday President Hollande said it twice
amalgame - to lump together, to confuse.
Hollande was referring to Muslims saying we should not lump all Muslims together.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com