Monday 22 February 2016

Do they grow on trees?

Val:

I have hesitated writing to you for quite awhile now...mainly because I have felt angry and confused as to why my request to you several months ago to solicit a used laptop on your blog was never taken seriously.  After seeing several laptops refurbished and fixed up by Andrew (who I have used and paid  in the past for jobs...when I had the money, and referred to several other people)  and given to the refugees...what I feel now is sadness...and I wonder why I am not considered as worthy.  I read your blog all the time and I commend the help that is being given to them and I wish them all well  but, as I said in my first letter to you, there ARE people in your own backyard who are in dire need, too.  
\
I know you don't know me very well and I know you can't solve everyone's problems....I can only conclude that the reason is that we don't share the same political views...even though I have said over and over that I am not anti-immigration...just a a better system...

I've written this now because I would like to continue attending the bookswap occasionally and I didn't want to see you there and exhibit any negative energy...
...and now I've let you know my feelings,  I can let it go and hope you accept this letter positively.  


Carolyn Byrne

PS:  FYI,  I have noticed on ebay that there are used laptops anywhere from 80 pounds to 200 pounds.....unfortunately, even at that price, I can't afford them but perhaps it might be answer for you

Val says Oh! dear. If I could only help the world. You surely do not think I am not helping because of politics. 
As I understand it you need a better computer to carry on your small  business of buying and selling on ebay which brings in a bit of income  for you. You have a very small flat overlooking Cordes.I am sympathetic Caroline but on the scale of what these young people have suffered, you just do not seem to understand.

The young men who literally have nothing but the donated clothes they are wearing have I admit taken up a lot of my time.

I hope you can come to the book swap and not exhibit negative energy... I just cannot help everyone.
Not sure where you think I am going to get 80 to 200 pounds to buy a laptop on ebay

If anyone feels that they can help Carolyn  whatever their political persuasion please contact me for her email address.

Sam says

Are there any state subsidies Carolyn could apply for? Depending on her circumstances In the UK she might be entitled to housing benefit and/ or small business grants. Do similar things exist in France?