Monday 27 October 2014

It is the young who try to save the planet

It is the young who mounted the barricades over the years to bring change in France, the young are brave and free thinking, still full of courage (that is why soldiers are kids). Carrying on with that tradition over the week end through the day the young have taken picnics and young families creating a party atmosphere to make their point in a peaceful way against the reservoir at Sivens. Who knows what will be reported through the night when trouble with a few hot heads start.
But that I was young enough and full of passion to be there on the battle lines. I was a very proper teenager, never a rebel, never wearing a CND badge, never protesting at Greenham Common, I wonder what has changed that I now wish to mount the barricades at Sivens.
Malc thinks it is because Mums not alive to tell me off.
comments to taglines82@gmail.com