Thursday 23 October 2014

Rebecca Allen replies to TAG

1.What is your name and profession past or present ?
My name is Rebecca J Allen I was a professional illustrator for a London Art Agency working mainly for  newspapers ,magazines , educational books and covers for music CDs. Simultaneously being a director of a multi media company based in the West End providing graphics for ITN weather and various other programmes.


Here in France I am an artist and qualified VTCT holistic therapist.


2.Do you have other family members here?
I came to France alone but my sister has a holiday home here
3.How long have you lived in France and are you here full or part year?
I have lived in France for 11 years ..I live here full time.
4. Do you have an activity or profession you wish to promote?
Yes, mainly my therapies Hot Stones / reflexology / Indian Head massage /aromatherapy massage and occasional art exhibitions.
5. Would you say you are enjoying integrating, give examples?
Yes, I enjoy integrating. My clients are French and I have French friends that I have met from Yoga class ,dance classes and a walking group. 
Plus I have recently illustrated a book for the local St Antonin author M. Ferrer.
This year I met many people at my Art exhibition which he hosted in his restaurant Capharnaüm this  Summer. The exhibition was featured in the Depeche Newspaper. This was an interesting experience because lots of local people came to talk to me. I hope to exhibit in Albi too...I'll keep you posted.
6. Do you think you will stay in France for some time or forever.?
Yes I think I will stay in France...Forever?  Who knows?
7.What activities do you enjoy?
Painting, cycling, walking, yoga, meditation, cooking, cinema, theatre and meeting new people.
8.Do you enjoy travel ?
I love travelling..if I could, I would travel at least 6 months of the year.
9. Have you got pets?
I share my black cat Inkie with Mme D'Elastique who lives opposite the Mairie in St Antonin
10.Is there anything you miss living in France?
Yes my 4 month old grandson, a 'good' curry and a country pub with a roaring fire at the end of a long winter's walk!