Saturday 25 October 2014

Advice on walnuts needed

Bonjour Val

Pleased to see you 'back at the helm' and trust the pain management routine
is working well.

I have a question for you and/or your readers. Having gathered a suitable
quantity of walnuts this season, I'm now needing to know how long they need
to air-dry. All clean-shelled, I've hung them to dry in a re-cycled onion
bag. How long do they need to be aired before they can be hulled?
After two previous attempts to use them, I've ended up with a 'furry' mess
after just a few days. The first time I stored the kernels in an airtight
container in the cupboard, the second I left in an open bowl. Fungus won
both times, so I'm assuming they were still too green to use.
Any hints coming my way would be appreciated otherwise I'll just need to
hull when ready to use.
Much appreciated
Di T
comments to taglines82@gmail.com