Friday 3 November 2017

We have the help and ideas, we just need the right building.

It starts in my head and then I consult Malc with an idea. At this point Malc groans!!
But I think this is one of my good ideas which as always needs the involvement of others.
I can get goods offered for my refugees and that is so brilliant and really helps the young men on their way.
In truth if I had more help and more space I could do so much more. Why could we not help French people who are struggling round about, we have many young and old who cannot find work and so live on limited incomes.
We have a garage in Varen stacked with goods, our pigeonnier, grange and gite are stacked and although it will all get used how great if we could help the local French as well as our boys. 
To this end I have asked Marcia Scott, our local councillor, to check with the Mayor if we could use the old town hall as a friperie and sell things at a small price benefitting the village and surrounding villages. 
We could open Saturday morning 10 till 12 so people could pop in whilst at the market.
There are two associations in my mind Famille rurales and Et puis d'Ailleurs( refugees)
We would need a multi national team and if there was enough helpers doing the odd couple of hours on a Saturday morning it would not be too onerous.
I am at the early planning stage and if the Mayor of Varen is  not keen, I could fall back on the Mayor of Verfeil... but the site in Varen would work best.
I will keep you informed and will ask for help if the idea has legs!
Since writing the above Marcia Scott local councillor is checking if we could use the building and another friend Veronique Weyergans who is involved with two local organisations will be joint programme director. 
taglines82@gmail.com