Tuesday 21 November 2017

Asylum applications underway

So we do not have 6 Albanians staying with us, we have three delightful French speaking Africans
They arrived this afternoon looking unsure
but after a look around, a bounce on the beds and a few cuddles they are looking quite happy.
We have Thierry from Cameroon, Mamadi from Guinée and Sadiu from Senegal
Malc and I sat talking tonight to make them feel at home. I said I hoped they would be happy with us until we got them into a CADA. They smiled and said after living in a tent on the streets of Toulouse this is wonderful. Malc had a chat about football, a universal language
I asked if they needed anything and Thiery showed me his falling apart shoes.
He is size 
42 but with thick socks could be 43, please if you are that size and have a pair of trainers or shoes you can do without donate them for Thiery.
We left them as they went upstairs to snuggle under their duvets
When Malc and I came home, in our house right next door to the gite, we had a cry and a cuddle and said “ this is the best thing we have done in our life”
Helping someone in need when you are in a position to help is so rewarding.
I am so glad I have Malc by my side.
taglines82@gmail.com

.