Saturday 18 November 2017

Nous sommes le samedi dix huit novembre

Oh God , I feel drunk!
last night we went to our local bar in Varen to celebrate the 94 th birthday of our dear friend David Clench who died a few weeks ago. We had such a busy day I felt I needed a stiff drink and ordered a gin and tonic. It must have been a treble!!
Lovely moment to remember artist And friend David Clench.
But then who should come to the bar but the Mayor of Varen. The conseil of Varen met  Thursday evening and I have been longing to know if we would get permission to use the old town hall which is directly opposite the halle as a selling point to raise money for the village and local refugees.
Being slightly tipsy I went to the maire to ask if he had " des bonnes nouvelles"
He said " oui madame Johnstone nous avons des bonnes nouvelles" 
I do not think I kissed him but I certainly give him a squeeze.
He said as soon as our association was created we could go ahead. yipee!!
Sadly already feeling a bit  drunk someone bought me a huge glass of red wine and Malc had to drive us home.
The Mayor and I are getting to the stage he might call me  Val soon!!
taglines82@gmail.com