Sunday 26 November 2017

Nous sommes le samedi vingt six novembre

Lovely evening watching a film " A winter with the boys"  " un hiver avec les garçons" filmed and presented by Cecile Ordanoff. 
Malc, Sarah and I, who were all part of the group of the English helpers when our first boys arrived were there helping raise funds for the association. 
Two years ago Sarah and I worked hard setting up the bedrooms with donated bedding and towels and toiletries, lamps by each bedside and extra plug adapters for phones. Seeing the film brought back all these memories. I remember Sarah being excited when she got a donated lamp to complete the last bedroom. I always wondered if it was one of her own?
The group " Et Puis d'ailleurs" was formed as the boys were about to leave and we all wanted to help them move on. The French benevolves have worked hard on integrating the boys into French life and the joys of officialdom. The boys will be for ever grateful.
My three new boys came and were perhaps a bit bemused. Coming home they said they realised what a caring community they had come into.
I have some great photos of the boys, the first, and the recent groups but think it wiser not to post.
A concern voiced from some people that we were running a risk taking migrants from the streets but everyone was reassured when I made it clear that the Prefect of our area has been consulted and what we are doing is perfectly legal as the boys have all started the asylum process.
I do believe we will be on the police radar, and if my posts are being monitored, I want to pass on that the authorities have given us permission.
Two gendarmes who have cruised past our isolated country  home in the last few days (where we never see a police car from year to year ) can be assured we are doing nothing illegal.
I have for security reasons decided to post no more pictures of any of our boys. Their security is paramount.
Ending on a very happy note, when we got into the cars last night we realised the boys had been out in the afternoon and cleaned both cars inside and out!!
taglines82@gmail.com