Saturday 9 August 2014

Am I biased? of course I am, who is not one way or another?

Val

I know this is your blog and you can be as biased as you like.  You are being 'won over' by those who feel that filling village with, possibly, drug taking, out of work people will be an asset. 

In your haste to make the anti brigade out to be antisocial bigots no-one has answed the only question "Is restricting the sale of the appartments to commune residents legal?"

I am not against young people but if the Mayor can afford to buy the Old Gendermarie why can't he offer it to the hard working young people needing affordable accommodation?.  

I have young friends but being a nice person I can be selective in who I want to be friends with.  I DON'T WANT to be friends with people who smell of cannabis.  I DON'T WANT to go into their house and I DON'T WANT them in mine.

I am aware that you may twist this into something I haven'e said but I am so angry I am willing to take that chance.

Hazel

Val says 
You are obviously upset about this Hazel and you are such a lovely lady I am sorry to upset you. Personally I think the young of Verfeil are not a bad bunch and although I have never tried smoking weed I cannot see it is any worse than beer drinking or downing a bottle of wine. If we banned everyone from our house who in their youth smoked pot I think we would have very few friends left.
On the question of the flats, you need to attend the Mayors committee meetings and ask that question there. 
I am sorry you were not swayed at all by Julia of Verfeil who Malc and I are  pleased to count a friend and I have never discussed with her if she smokes pot. I doubt she does but that is really her business.
I hope the young and old will learn to live together and there will be give and take on both sides.
Malc says  - many of these young people are our friends and some work, some would like work but there are NO jobs. He feels we should not condemn the young who struggle to find work that does not exist.
Val says  there is probably a work shy tosser amongst them but  they cannot all be bad.