Sunday 24 August 2014

Up with the lark

Yesterday I redid the fencing on the far field and let the rascals in. The field next to the house is pretty much eaten over and it was time to trust the escapees. I was up at the crack of dawn and could see  and hear no donkeys. My heart sinks! and I walked over to the second stable with little hope of them being there.
A sleepy eyed Rosie popped out her head and the other three lay cuddled up together. There must be some awful kicks given to each other. Imagine one of them having nightmares with flaying hooves/ sabots.
Whatever,  the relief of not having to undergo another early morning trek was tremendous and I could enjoy the breaking dawn and bird song as I walked back to the top stable  to start making buckets of breakfast for four.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com