Saturday 23 August 2014

Might be worth reading this article by Frederic Raphael in the Telegraph

Remember that you’re the foreigner abroad

If expats want to keep in with the locals, it’s probably best to play by their game


Val says  and their rules are different, we ignore them at our peril. No good saying " but this is what we do in the UK" We are not in the UK and perhaps if you think like that you should not be here.
Actually it is quite a fun game sussing out the rules.
When I read this article I thought Frederic was not really playing by the rules. When he built the wall I think with the neighbour so against it, we would have decided not to pursue it I am sure. What do you think? ... and sorry to those who wish I had given a link straightaway, after all it is my duty to tear you away from the Daily Mail!
comments to taglines82@gmail.com
Malc says: if the link will not work for you try to copy it and paste into the address bar, then it works OK.