Profiting from an early morning appointment in the village this morning we took the dogs for a walk by the river. They love to snuffle about and Bonny likes a dip in the cooling water. And in case of accidents we avail ourselves of the "poo-belles" and plastic bags installed by the mairie (with a supply of bags in the car in case the distributors are empty). Now not all dog owners are so responsible and dogs do leave unwelcome deposits, but some person has decided to minimise the problem by spreading poison around the trees and seats. One local dog has already suffered the effects but more worryingly so could children.
A local resident has warned pet owners and parents of the risks by attaching a notice to the trees.