Sunday 29 November 2015

For Christmas the tradition at each house is to have "le foie gras"

As one begins to celebrate Christmas and New Year the Depeche tells us the tradition is to eat foie gras.
One can find numerous sellers of ducks who have been fed with maize / maïs (to get the pronunciation of maïs I say mice) Many households make their own foie gras and we have sampled may delicious varieties of it.
Is it cruel stuffing ducks with maize three weeks before killing? I have seen it being done and although I did not like it, the bird did not appear to be suffering. It was explained at this time that the ducks naturally stuffed themselves before flying off on long voyages, which was how it was discovered that the engorged livers were good to eat.
 I would rather the ducks just had a natural life but they don't here and it is not going to change anytime soon.
I find it too rich now but Malc loves it. 
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com