Sunday 19 October 2014

Nous sommes dimanche, le dix neuf

The 19th of October already and another sunny one.
You will have noticed a little French creeping into TAG, hopefully you can cope. I mention it as two people have said to me but we do not read French. I have to say I do not read it well but have a dictionary to hand whilst I check the newspapers and it is amazing how much you learn by looking things up.
Now if you can retain it! well that is another matter.
On the date each day we will all learn the way the French say it, nous sommes le dix neuf.
Well I am sure till recently I would have said  aujourd' hui c'est le dix neuf
Enjoy your day and keep learning the language of our adopted country, bit by bit, every little helps and we are told learning French (or languages) helps to keep alzheimers at bay.
You could be groaning " what a right clever dick she is" but if I was, my French would be much better.
Malc has just asked me " if you wanted to ask the date what would you say?"
I replied " qu'est que c'est la date aujourd hui"  
He told  me to  say  " nous sommes le .. ?"  so much more the French way.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com