Tuesday 24 September 2013

Sometimes the papers get it wrong

Last night a reader Mimi sent a link to the Depeche and I made the headline 19 soldiers injured in a road accident at Verfeil, not that far from us. A few minutes later I noticed the headlines said 12 soldiers injured, so changed my headline ( knowing some reader would be sending me an email otherwise) This morning I notice two reports both in the Depeche, one saying 12 and another saying 19 soldiers. So the next time I make an error just remember paid reporters and sub editors can make mistakes, never mind an editor feeding and walking countless pets, entertaining, running a gite, gardening, shopping and very occasionally asking the cleaner to clean in and behind the fridge ( just in case any UKIP supporters are reading)
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com