Sunday 22 September 2013

Evelyn fulfills her tasks to be added to the TAG bloggers.

Here's how I, a retired American woman, came to live in France....

I made my first trip to France in 2005 with a dear friend from high school. It was, as they say, love at first sight! Our initial stop was Provence, and I remember saying to myself “I'm going to live here someday.”

On Christmas Day 2007, I began writing my first blog, “Musings From Red Bell Farm” and immediately began searching for other blogs on the internet that were about France. I found one that I particularly liked and began commenting, which led to emails with its author, and eventually to international phone calls. I had made a friend, Laury, who loved France as much as I did! Laury lived in Cadrieu, a tiny commune in the Lot. She was giving some thought to doing a chambre d'hotes-type thing at her house. In 2009, she invited me to come stay and 'trial' the idea with her. Who could refuse a month in France? Not me...I made it happen. I met Laury in person and her sweet little village.

2010 began with a bang. I lost my job and decided that since I was old enough to retire, I would. Laury and another friend asked me if I could come to Cadrieu that winter and house/pet sit. That's when I began to seriously consider making the move. Afterall, I wasn't getting any younger. I decided if I wanted to do this, I better do it now. I spent the winter, returned to the States to get my life in order (and try to explain to my family why I wanted to move to France!), and came to live here in Cadrieu in late Septmember 2011. It's my two-year anniversary, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I love the Lot. I love exploring the history, the architecture, the legends, the food in the region and getting to know the people who live here. That's what I blog about. Melanged Magic is a way I can share with my family and friends in the States what life is like for me these days. I enjoy sharing my life with other readers as well. I've made friends through my blog and have found a worship group and a writing group through it as well.
In fact, you might say if it weren't for blogging, I wouldn't be where I am today!
Evelyn Jackson
Val says - Mission accomplished in style Evelyn and I am sure it will make people more interested in looking at your blog.  www.melangedmagic.com
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com