Tuesday 24 September 2013

9,000 bodies on a Normandy beach

Dear Val,
My art friends both in France and UK  have been sending each other these images. In case you have not see them, I thought you and some of your readers
might be interested.

Best wishes,
Ellyxxx
Val says  Thanks Elly that is really interesting but I never thought TAG would ever give a link to the Daily Mail!, my most despised newspaper. For those with my sensiblities I have found another link in War history online    http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/haunting-reminder-millions-lives-lost-war-artists-stencil-9000-bodies-normandy-beach-mark-peace-day.html
Elly says  I stand corrected dear Val. I feel the same about that paper. Glad you found a more acceptable link. Nevertheless, what do they say about the baby and the bathwater? 
Love,
Elly xxxx