Monday 30 September 2013

Cinema Club at Mas del Sol

Hi, Val. I hope that you, Malcolm and your sub woofer are well.
Now that I've found the boxes of DVDs that we brought from the UK, I thought I'd submit a few suggestions for films to watch over the coming months.

One that I really enjoyed (although it's a bit bloody) is La Reine Margot, in French with English subtitles. The blurb on the DVD box say "She was the daughter of a King, the sister of a King, the wife of a King .....and the lover of an enemy." Being the daughter of Catherine de Medici would also be worth a mention in my eyes, but would spoil the rhythm of the sentence somewhat. The Wikipedia page is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Reine_Margot_(1994_film). 
Sarah
Val says to read more ideas from Sarah check out the label Cinema Club