Saturday 1 June 2013

What a statistic, 58,000 registered dogs in Toulouse and 5 tonnes of crotte

Toulouse spends 700,000  euros on cleaning, and providing sites and doggy sacks for cleaning up after dogs. There are 58,000 registered dogs in Toulouse and each year the dog catchers take 650 straying dogs to the dog pound. Of that number 450 are reclaimed by their owners. There are dedicated parks called " cani parcs" and dedicated " cani sites " for walking dogs off the lead. Once a month the SDF's ( sans domicile fixe - homeless people ) are given vets consultations, vaccinations and sterilisation help. I am talking about their dogs of course.
This is where I  do my pious bit saying I always have a sack in my pocket and we try never to leave " doggy crotte" about. Not one of the better tasks of dog caring.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com