Monday 24 June 2013

On taking the piscine

Never thought that on the 24th of June I would be sitting hugging my cardigan around me, still wearing trousers and socks rather than shorts. I have in fact just made the decision to go and put the sleeping blanket on.
Readers might be interested to read Boris Johnsons take on global warming or the lack of it in the Telegraph. The snippet below gives you a taste or slant of his rumblings or ruminations.

"It is outrageous. Think of all those honest hard-working folk who have sunk their resources into a pool, only to find they use it only a couple of times a summer, and even then the wind-chill is so bad that the swimmers get goosebumps as soon as they emerge. I am generally against the compensation culture, but in my mind’s eye I see a class action: aggrieved English pool-owners against the global warming prophets and the erroneous meteorologists who have, frankly, been taking the piscine."
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com