Saturday 29 June 2013

A freedom fighter not a terrorist.

Carlos the Jackal says he was a freedom fighter not a terrorist when he masterminded deadly bombings in the 80' s. He has just lost his appeal sentencing him to life in 2011.
The reason this rang a bell with me is I have just finished Reginal Hill' s crime novel  The Death of Dalziel. Where once again the terrorists said no, no not terrorists, freedom fighters is what we are.  I must not say more as the book will be going back on Monday to the book swap and I can recommend it as a good read. I used to turn my nose up at this genre at one time but as with any novel the quality of the writing makes all the difference be it crime, adventure, romance etc.
Malcolm asked me to make this comment from him. Nelson Mandela claimed to be a freedom fighter  but Margaret Thatcher called him a terrorist, until he was universally acclaimed as a good guy.

Comments to taglines82@gmail.com