Sunday 30 June 2013

A comment on the interview with Maree Giles by Doreen Porter

Val says - Firstly I found this interview fascinating, could be as I have spent by working life with books, librarians and authors. I was interested to see that at one time Maree had written romance stories, or tried her hand at it, for the publisher  Mills and Boon. I am one of the people who might have turned my nose up at this genre at some point (like last week) and in fact I can clearly remember saying do not take Mills and Boon to the book swap, as if you would!( might be this week as well) However you look at it as long as you are reading, you are learning. Trouble is do you learn about a handsome hero riding in on a horse to sweep you away. Life is not like that but do some ladies wish it was and so are not  fulfilled. I suppose I could say does everyone want to commit murders who read crime books. I have been reading a lot of those recently but I cringe at even the thought of any physical violence on people or animals.
Anyway make sure you read the interview and please make up your own mind on Mills and Boons.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com