Monday 16 June 2014

Orchids from Nev

The Orchids of the Midi Pyrenees

Here are some more Orchid pictures, we have been out and about and Louise eagle eye spots them and I try my best to take a picture.  This normally involves me contorting myself into abnormal positions,  frequently lying on the ground dry or wet, but no one forced into this so I only have myself to blame for the bumps, scratches and pins and needles.  Louise is usually off to one side recording this on her camera for future posterity or posteriorty.

As like many of us probably have more garden than you can handle we decided to leave some of ours to meadow and cut paths through it.  The result is we do get loads of different flowers including Orchids so I do not always have to travel too far.  I think we have about six or seven varieties and there are a couple more down the lane, sounds good but this does pale into insignificance when there are 48 varieties in this area alone and I think double that in the Midi Pyrenees as a whole.

Nev
Val says soon these pictures will be in Wild photos.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com