Saturday 21 June 2014

Ginny tells more about the language test to become a French citizen.

Hi Val
I still have weekly lessons but am now conquering my fear in reading French. Everyone says it is very easy - I shall feel as though I have really achieved something when I pass it. The pass mark for nationality purposes is just 50%. One of the boards is Cambridge level B1 - sounds simple enough! It is the the English nationality test equivalent which they all say is not very high!
Will keep you informed. I think all but those of us who positively do not speak French could pass with ease.

Val says  after we have the Salon du Jardin d' été  and Picnic in the Park under our belt we will follow in your footsteps and try and attain French citizenship. We would always want to retain our UK status but I want a vote. If I can no longer vote in the UK and we live permanently in  France I would want a voice here. Having a vote to me, is something I feel strongly in our democratic society I need to exercise. It will be interesting having Ginny and Ross one step ahead and to be able to follow in their footsteps.