Thursday 12 June 2014

Deer and poppies

Hello Val and Malc,
Dodgy Monet?
We are surrounded by fields of Wheat and Barley and when I looked out of the window this morning I did a double take as there was a deer with its head just above the corn.  The sun was barely up, likewise for me, I popped out my trusty camera and snapped off a couple of shots.  The resulting picture is a little grainy because of the hi ISO so I convinced myself that this is the Monet look I was after, especially with the poppies in the background  ahhhh. 

This is a male Roe Deer or Le Chevreuil as it has antlers, they will eat pretty much anything that grows.  Fortunately they are put off by dogs so they have not penetrated and eaten anything in our potager but we do have a Broom, both the plant and the sweeping kind, the Broom plant had been nibbled not by a deer but a hare, I know as I found him or her sleeping not far off.

Nev