Monday 21 March 2016

Nous sommes le lundi vingt et un mars

A dry morning, a blue sky with some clouds to the west.

I went to bed happy last night at a good report in the press that we had seen about our refugees.
Some lovely photos and a true description of the young men and the happy group we have formed around them.
Today we prepare for another two boys going off to a CADA in Rodez tomorrow. I am relieved that I have managed to get a laptop computer upgraded ready for one of the guys whose phone is broken so a laptop will be invaluable. Between the three media men, Hans  and James in St. Antonin and Andrew at Caylus they have kindly done all the upgrades on the aged laptops  for free, so to these guys and everyone who has donated their laptops I give my thanks.
The boys will remember our kindness to them for ever, they tell me that.
If you read the report in the press you will see the boys call me " mama Val"  I wanted to be called "the fixer! "  but they all started calling  me Mama Val and that has stuck.
The group of French and English benevoles have been marvellous. One guy gave up 2 days of work to take one of the refugees last week to a CADA up near Reims.The refugee cannot speak,English or French and would not be able to read the signs. What a marvellous thing to do, someone else made up a picnic for them and you readers with your contributions helped to pay for the extra ticket.
That young Pakistani has his asylum interview in Paris this week. When (not even thinking "if") he gets his papers he tells us he is coming home.
 Home for him is now St. Antonin.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com