Sunday 20 March 2016

Writing talent in Verfeil

The article below (Les Chevres de Paulhac) was sent to us by a young woman we met recently. She sends us a little about her background as well as the interesting item on the goats being raised outside Verfeil.


Leyla Falhan

I was born and raised in the northern part of Cyprus, a small island in the Mediterranean. I left Cyprus when I was 18 in order to study Political Science at Denison University (Ohio, United States). Upon completing my Bachelor’s degree, I started a PhD program (again in Political Science) at Syracuse University (Syracuse, New York). During my second year, I decided that the institutionalization of the production of knowledge in academia was too dogmatic and esoteric for me. I left the United States after completing my Master’s degree and moved to Verfeil Sur Seye, France in May 2015. I am now enjoying learning different things, including living in a collective, French, and agriculture. I am a native Turkish speaker and I enjoy different languages and cultures. I have given language lessons in Turkish and English in the past and I have also done some translation work. In addition to these, I like writing, photography, acting, art cinema, and film theory. I would love to meet with new friends who have similar interests, and/or small projects where I can get involved.
comments to taglines82@gmail.com