Wednesday 11 March 2015

We live in France for heavens sake, the national language is French.

 Michel Le Goff writes of his worst nightmares of living in France with his English speaking wife.
I have taken one of his worst nightmares below from his list and thought " well you have to laugh" Imagine going to give birth in the UK and expecting the midwives and Drs to speak French... dream on. He even wants good English spoken. I could not be bothered to read the rest of his nightmares.

When push came to shove, my wife and I couldn’t find an obstetrician who could speak English. And because French hospitals lack funds and staff, they sometimes recruit workers from funky countries, which was the case for our anesthetist, who had to perform four epidurals on my wife. After failing in his fourth attempt, he decided to put her to sleep. Overall, it took eighteen hours of painful labour before my wife could deliver our baby, and I had to act as an interpreter the whole time. Do you want to know who was the only person who spoke good English in the maternity? The cleaning maid.
http://www.thelocal.fr/20150310/the-ten-worst-nightmares-in-france